суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

application de window




Seeing as my life went from hanging out with psychotic people, who I actually really like, to hanging out with kids with seizure disorders that are otherwise completely healthy... Iapos;m pretty bored. The last three weeks have included about 100 long term monitoring EEGs and 2 episodes of status migranosis. Thank god for clinic, at least I got some adult-onset exposure in the form of ALS and MS. But still, big whoopdie flippinapos; do. Iapos;ll chalk this up to my lack of luckiness when it comes to rotation placement.

Anyway, that was all prelude to an apos;ah-haapos; moment I had last week, where I was reminded how cool this experience really is, and how lucky I am to be able to catch a glimpse into the personal lives of these complete strangers. So we had a kid with Angelman syndrome. Itapos;s one of those genetic disorders they feel the need to teach and test you on again and again without hinting toward any real clinical significance. I could rattle off in my sleep: genetic imprinting, maternally inherited, chromosome 15, Prader-Willi, happy puppet... Etc etc etc without really stepping back and thinking about what it really was. I knew nothing about this kidapos;s history, and I could figure out half of his story immediately upon entering the room just by looking at him. It was crazy. I canapos;t explain it. The feeling, to me, was comparable to how youapos;d feel after reading the whole Harry Potter series 10 times, knowing the story inside-out, and then actually getting to enroll at Hogwarts.

Lame, but thatapos;s the best I can do. I think that kid has earned a permanent spot in my memory, along with the stabbing trauma that came in in August and the woman with neurofibromatosis 1.

Anyway, being at Childrenapos;s this month has been interesting. Iapos;ve never really been exposed to children in any context, so itapos;s been a big eye-opener in the sense that I actually kind of like kids. Who knew? Hate their parents, but thatapos;s a different story. The surprise on my residentsapos; faces when I told them Iapos;d never seen babies outside of the supermarket, and never really held one until... Uh, today, was pretty entertaining. Baby physical exam is fun. You get to pick them up and make them fly under the guise of looking at muscle tone ;-) Their toys are fun too... Might get brownie points for my ability to make apos;Mars Gooapos; fart. The downside is one of the little bastards got me more sick than Iapos;ve been in years. I had to miss 3 days (oh, bad bad bad), get an IV, the whole 9 yards. It was sad because I was completely out of commission and shaking and unable to hold down any food... And there was nobody in Ohio to take care of me. I had to lie to the doctor when she told me to have somebody stay with me... Because everybody I know here is a medical student, which unfortunately isnapos;t exactly conducive to taking time off to babysit your sick adult friend-- because you have to spend 80 hours a week taking care of sick strangers.

Boo hoo.

1 more week until I get my first week off since June :-) Iapos;m going to head up to Mich for the weekend so I can go to the live Rocky Horror showing again with Steph (excited to get back to the tradition), then head out of town for the rest of the week. Woohoo party down

free standing clean rooms, application de window, application de una base de datos, application de software, application de resonantes tanque.



Комментариев нет: